Sunday, August 23, 2009

Nina in New York


I'm finishing up my first week here in NY and I've seen and done a few things.
1. I visited Michael and Mark at the New York gift show. Mark Poulin had a beautiful booth set up with a fantastic view and hopefully he made some profitable new buyer connections. Find his jewelry here: www.markpoulin.com
2. After the gift show we took a walk along the high line, New York's new, raised, public walkway that spans ~10 blocks in the Meatpacking district.
3. I took a trip to the Frick Museum on 5th ave. and 70th st., right across from Central Park. The building used to be the home of Henry Clay Frick and it now houses the collection of masterpieces accumulated by Henry Frick and his daughter, Helen Clay Frick.
4. I've been staying on the Lower East Side and frequenting many of the local restaurants and bars. Plenty of good food and drink to be had here.
The weather has been ridiculously hot and humid. However, this should probably only continue for a couple more weeks. After that, we're into autumn.

2 comments:

  1. Nina, The toilet pics are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! How come my picture wasn't hanging on the wall? (I joke.)

    ReplyDelete