Thursday, October 29, 2009

NINY: The flu, Chimay and a new job!




Hello San Francisco,

I'm writing to you from the East Coast where it's been raining all day. It's the end of my week so I'm having a movie night and drinking some Chimay. Cheers.

It's really turning into winter in New York. It rained all day yesterday as well. Probably as a result of the cooling weather, I got sick last weekend. Really sick. I don't own a thermometer, but I'm guessing I had a fever between 103 and 104 degrees. About 1 degree below super hot dead temperature. Luckily, I'm feeling much better now.

I recently got a new job! I'll be a host and barista at the Breslin restaurant in the Ace Hotel on 29th and Broadway. If you're ever in the neighborhood, come visit. The Breslin is a "meat-centric gastro-pub," we've been told. The restaurant opens tomorrow and it should be busy.

I'm halfway through my first semester at NYU. Time flies! Classes are going well, I seem to have it under control. In addition, my honors seminar takes a week long trip every winter to a different place in the world to do community service and a "cultural exploration." This winter, we're heading to Puebla, Mexico for the second week in January! It'll be nice to take a break from the NY winter and see Puebla while they still have their Christmas decorations up.

Until next time,

Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment