Saturday, August 27, 2011

N.I.N.Y. -- Roller Boogie

It's love on wheels!


During my last visit back to SF, I walked by the Roxie and saw they were showing Roller Boogie, the 1979 Linda Blair skating movie. Somehow I got around to renting it back in New York, and I am glad I did.


Roller Boogie is about a group of skating toughs, (the ghetto, down and out, cool kids of course), who have to save their local roller rink from the clutches of a corrupt developer. Among these cool teenagers, is Terry Barkley, the only rich girl of the group, who likes to slum it with her misfit skating buddies. Also, there's a romance between rich girl Terry and talented but poor bad boy, Bobby James. 


There's a hurricane approaching now, so I'll just let this clip tell you the rest, whatever I missed. I'm not sure if Fayes has Roller Boogie on DVD.


No comments:

Post a Comment